Thoughts in MAJU: A Year of blogging, Lessons Learnt & lessons thought
Slaying in My make shift MAJU Kimono as I reminisce through a year of blogging
A year since blogging became my baby and like any other thing in life you reflect back on how the journey has been, what you learnt, what you dint do right, what you want to do better, how to go about it. Etc. These are all the thoughts I’ll be going through right here and NOW!
Your Values: Are you still maintaining your values as you pursue your blogging goals?
Ans:I’ll like to think I did a great job here. Going through my pictures I could see I maintained My Kind of Style & what I want to be known for that is, “She’s pretty cool” & “She looks stylish rocking both thrifted & luxury pieces”.
This isn’t as easy as it looks cause sometimes in the lust of getting freebies from brands you might just accept any brand collaboration that comes your way but the truth is I never said yes to all the brands that approached me which isn’t a bad thing. I always took my time to go through and see what it is that they offer, I also ask the brands question and yhhh I’ve gone as far as giving advice to a few on why I won’t suite their brand.
What have I really learnt from blogging?
1) I’ve learnt that to stand out what you need is right there staring at you in the face, all you need to do is take advantage of it. For eg when you get a new app take your time and explore every button, find out what it does and with time you’ll find ways to use those features to make your blog stand out.
2) Google is your friend! USE IT! Don’t always wait for someone else to do something and you’ll be all up in their DMs asking how you did it!
3) Never Compare: it’s so easy to see other bloggers doing so good, getting packages from A & Y brands and you as a newbie blogger might just get depressed feeding off this but for me it was a motivator. I told myself why can’t I also get packages?
4) Work on yourself & your brand. As long as you’re doing great work the brands would come running
5) In Nigeria, Some Brands if not a lot do not yet recognize the power of “Influencer Marketing” or maybe it’s just the inability to spend money on what you don’t see as viable 🤷🏼♀️. I mean if you choose the right Influencer for your brand & you are producing good work you’ll see the reward for your money spent.
“Having a problem choosing the right Influencer for your brand”? -Send an Email/Reach out to me I could help you with that 🙂
6) Taking Pictures is never easy especially when you lack the luxury of a good transportation, camera, money etc to put a WOW look together but I learnt to work with what you have and planning a look ahead helps, save to buy that extra thing you need to complete the look.
7) This is Important! When you are Collaborating with a Brand make sure it’s stated clearly what it is you’re both getting to avoid any future misunderstandings. Because let’s face it some brands just want to use you. Can never forget how a brand reached out to me
8) Do Not Settle for Average: Most of us especially Nigerians the country we live in has built up the idea of “we can manage” or “This one is okay”, Strive to make your work a little more extra or atleast beyond okay.
9) You never stop learning, it’s a continuous process & you keep discovering great bloggers who stay inspiring!
10) Know how each social media platform works, through my first year I focused mostly on Instagram & My website oh yhh! Pinterest; i’ve always loved pinterest, tumblr, weheartit cute spaces you find dope pictures & creativity but I never knew how to grow my pinterest in terms of my blog and I learnt a few Tips & Tricks Last year (If you’ll love me to share Please leave a comment below)
Most Important Lesson out there?
Growth comes with time.
Please do not forget this, just like any genuine hustle/career in life, Growth comes with time and you’ll move at your own pace.
Do not compare yourself to Blogger A or B! Be consistent! Produce quality work! and DO YOU!
GIVEAWAY!RULES ARE SIMPLE!
-Leave a comment under this Post answering this question “What was your favorite Blog Post from Me and Why?”
-Please be sure to add your Instagram Handles so I can check if you did step 1
GIVEAWAY ENDS SATURDAY, 13th 9pm Nigerian Time, Winners would be announced next week !