Welcome to ThisthingCalledFashion.com
It’s not a New Name but I got rid of the lengthy (.wordpress.com) and I’m really excited about this.
Let me re-introduce Myself
“My name is Nayonde (Nonye Anne Udeogu). I am a Fashion Blogger and this is my online space where I share all things fashion and everything else I love while adding value to My Readers.
It’s a platform showcasing a bit of what I do, with the aim of connecting with like minds & learning from unlike minds.
ThisthingCalledFashion is a Passion of mine that has paved ways for me in terms of going into the Fashion industry.
Now you know what I’m all about, Before sharing my thoughts on my switch you should know this:
I upgraded my website from a “Thisthingcalledfashionn.wordpress.com” to a “Thisthingcalledfashionn.com”. To make this possible I had to pay for a plan on WordPress and to me the most reasonable I could afford was a “PREMIUM PLAN” instead of jumping to a “BUSINESS PLAN”.
Premium Plan cost -$96 for a Year
Business Plan cost – $204 for a Year
Although I was quite happy about The Switch from a Personal non-paid plan to a Premium WordPress paid plan I instantly felt sad after making payment for my new plan, why?
1) I had no idea there wasn’t so much difference between the Personal Plan & A Premium Plan.
2) I always thought an upgrade in Plan meant I could upload any theme I wanted and not be confined to what WordPress provides.
I had already purchased a $2 theme I was going to try on after switching, I even had a list of Themes I was going to choose from when I decided which to pay for but luckily for me before I went ahead to waste my money purchasing a theme I could not use on a Premium WordPress Plan I tried uploading a theme and it told me “Upgrade to a Business Plan”. Okay rewind back to the sub heading above now you know why I was sad.
It felt like I couldn’t make it mine.
3) The fear of looking like a CopyCat: With the restriction of themes to use I had to search & search through WordPress to find the best which aligned with my taste I finally found it at that point I was going to settle for it since I had no other choice but then I noticed a fellow blogger was on it. I was really sad at this point, I prayed to God about it & as I was replying my DMs I spoke to someone about it and she told me “Doesn’t matter if someone is already using it, what matters is how original it is to you” and I decided to make it mine.
That lifted me in a lot of ways and I MADE IT MINE & I’m happy with how it looks.
4) I can not download plugins on a Premium Plan: I really did not do my homework well before choosing a plan cause in my head a paid plan meant you had more privileges. It’s okay if I do not have access to all the Plugins but to shut me out of all of it ? That’s Sad 😞
Okay that’s all the not so positive side of My New Plan but down to the Positives:
1) As long as I do my SEO right I can now reach a more global scale in terms of Google search & all of that techy ishh!
2) I have access to WordPress premium themes which are better than the ones I had before.
3) I can now make money from my site through paid Ads
4) I can now add all the video contents I want 🙂
5) I can officially start using MailChimp to make my newsletter prettier and more attractive
6) I can add a SHOP to my site now (Coming Sooon)
There are a few more positives I can’t seem to remember right now but the above would do nicely.
Thank you for always stopping by and supporting me with your comments & likes, it all means so much to me. Hope I can keep creating quality content for you all.
As always My Posting Days Still remain MONDAYS & THURSDAYS
|Thanks for always stopping by to Read|
Did you learn something new from this post? Do you have any questions? What kind of posts would you like me to write more on? Please let me know by leaving a comment below 👇🏽