It’s been a while but I have come to realize how much I want to publish content that adds value. On that note I will not be in a rush to publish any type of post just to meet up with a pre planned posting calendar
What makes an outfit to you? What’s the basis of your decision when purchasing an outfit? Asides the price, lets just say you’re not limited by price what then incentivized you to buy that piece of fashion item ? I was a bit curious and decided to ask a few bloggers/creatives, here’s what each person had to say:
A few responses I got …
- All of the above; Color, Style all matter to me- Cassie Daves
- For me it’s really how you accessorize it, Mostly color I would most likely go for anything black and burgundy – MikaElle of Elleestblessed
- For me it’s the color and style. The style has to be flattering on my body and the color has to compliment my skin – Chi Chi of TheRealChi
- Getting to the store, it’s the colour and design that determines whether I buy or not. Sometimes I shop by color but most times by design –Zichat of Zichatduniya
- For me it’s the vibe and the color. I love color so I like to feel like I’m wearing “art” – Amin of EverythingnaArt
- The style, I think I have a total understanding of my style. So, just seeing it, immediately I know if it’s my style which influences my purchasing decision. – Maryam of ItsMaryamSalam
- Style 100%, Or the compatibility of the piece with another – Chloe of TheChloway
- Think color first then style and fit – Derin from IsaleEko
- Sometimes it’s my mood what makes an outfit is my mood – Grace Alex of t2pitchy
- Accessories and Everything – Sharon Ojong
Top: White Thrifted Shirt
Skirt: Ako Africa @Ako_africa
Woven bag: Fran Asemota living @fran_asemota_living
Sunglasses: Online Store @olaidebabystores
For Nay it’s a mix of everything.
Some designs look more flattering, and in a particular print or fabric if the design is available in various colors a particular color might look most attractive to me. So I can say “The Style” comes first then I find if it’s available in a color I want or the color that makes the style pop more.
For very basic styles the color comes first either a color I set out to buy or a color I find flattering to my skin color.
For this basic hi-low Ako Africa Skirt I was most attracted to the color/print before the style. What do you love more about my skirt the color, print or style ?
| Thanks for reading |
Till next time
Do you love the way I styled my Ankara Hi-low Skirt? And would you ever wear it? Do let me know by leaving a comment below 👇🏽