For today’s post I’ll just dive right into it.
Simply put; You cannot set up a blog and expect freebies to start rolling in. Why not? Because you don’t have any kind of influence, at least not just yet. So here are a few steps and tips to get those freebies rolling in:
- Put in the work: Be ready to put in work to build your platform to a certain level and not the follow-for-Follow trick (doubt people still do this) or buying followers.
- Craft your image: Want to be known for luxury goods? Invest in yourself buy these items tag the brands or stores you can get it from, want to be known for skincare share your routine with results, Tag the brands used & how much each item costs. Love Shoes show it on your page, let people know where you get your shoes from and why you love it. All these would serve as your CV for brands who fall under these different niche.(it’s what I call “Give out what you want to receive”) you can’t have crap pictures at crappy locations and expect luxury brands to reach out to you or take a first look at your page
Skirt: @K.Tdavids online store
Photography: Deji of Community Projects
- Now you have a certain level of influence. It’s time to attract the right brands to you. Depending on your niche and what goals you have for your blog. If you’re interested in affordable fashion around you? Aim for brands that fall under that niche.
- Do you have favorite bloggers in your location? • Go through their page, • Tap through to see brands they’ve worked with. Next Step; Go to the brands page, like what you see? Does it fit into your goal as a blogger? Then • Like & leave genuine comments not just “smileys”
- Take note of what time(s) these brands post cause the earlier you drop a comment the higher your chances of getting noticed
- Create a Saved Folder on Instagram for the brands you’d love to work with.
- One thing about brands is they like to follow their competitors so go ahead to check their following for other brands and repeat no (4)
- After all these the brands are not sending out free products to you? SEND AN EMAIL, let it be short and straight to the point make sure you highlight what you both can do for each other or rather gain from each other.
Note: If you’ve built a following most likely from 3,000- 5,000 followers (known as micro influencers) you have quality content and a decent level of engagement? These brands would take the necessary steps to reach out to you but sometimes these brands need a little push so please engage with their content on their feeds & stories.
After all of these next step is Learning how to Value yourself, your work, your content, your time and Adding the appropriate PRICE To your media kit and start generating money from your content .
To learn how to price your services & get into the not so secret circle of PR lists
|Thanks for reading|
Till next time, keep sitting pretty/handsome